- I had a whirlwind but very good trip home to Washington last weekend.
- We had a beautiful dinner gathering at Orso's downtown for Jilli's 24th birthday. They even heated the toilet seats in her honor. And the
footfood was delicious.
- I worked 8+ hour shifts at the Pit Tues - Fri. (A handful of interesting experiences within those days that I may report on at a later date.)
- The kids and I got a beautiful Christmas tree on Saturday. Only $67.00. Yes, I almost pooped.
- I've started walking again regularly, at the Dome (an indoor track and football field that costs $50 a month). I thought it was appallingly overpriced in September but now fully understand its value and appeal.
- Went to Costco today to buy a pair of travel mugs for a Christmas gift. Came out with a rotisserie chicken and some Killer Dave's bread but totally forgot the travel mugs.
- Watched The Fantastic Mr. Fox with Jilli while she hung up her pictures and other fun things on her wall. She shared her Yoda/Chewbacca BFF painting with me. So now I have at least one thing adorning my bedroom walls.
- Mel and Jeff came over and Mel made copious amounts of spritzer cookies while Jeff and I played a highly competitive game of hand and foot. Jeff ended up the victor.
- Meanwhile, back home, Jon LaFrance is preparing to leave for his teaching job in South Korea, Mandi Laxson has moved into Casa Phinney Bay, and Teresa and Daryl are still smitten.
- After several days of temperatures below zero, it is presently a balmy 16 degrees and snowing. We're hoping for another bit of frigid temps tomorrow because that means clear skies, the better to watch the full lunar eclipse tomorrow night.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Sorry this is going to be anticlimactic . . .
After making you wait so long for an update, I should really deliver a gem. Sorry. No can do. Too tired. So here's the nutshell version of the last week and a half: