Sunday, October 24, 2010

Winter sniffles . . .

Last night, I went downtown to see a show all by myself. Just like a big girl! There is a local improv theatre group called Scared Scriptless that shows the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month. It was a little uneven but mostly pretty good. I'm glad I went. And I'm glad I'm sticking with my philosophy of getting out and doing things even if it means that sometimes I'm entirely by myself in new environs. Because I'm pretty social, you may think that's no big deal. But the truth of the matter is, that outside known entities and experiences, I am accompanied by some degree of anxiety. But it wasn't just getting on a plane and transplanting that makes this an adventure, right?

I laid low today as my first winter cold showed itself yesterday and is attempting to harsh my mellow. Airborne, do your thang! Tomorrow it's snow tires and introducing myself to Madonna, the secretary at Dimond High School. Hopefully, I will make an impression sufficient to put my name on her list and get me in the loop there. Cross your fingers.

Good Monday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment