Monday, November 15, 2010

Busy weekend . . .

It was great to have the weekend off but it was ever so busy. I started my Saturday morning by hunting all over my room and the house for my car keys. Don't worry. I found them . . .locked in my car. Boo. AAA. Yay. So while I waited, I got to have a nice visit with Connie and Patricia. Then Amy and I went to the Burlington Coat Factory (where they have way more than coats) and picked up some essentials for our new Alaska Home for Wayward Washington Girls.

In the evening we went to a going away party for cousin Michael. He's getting ready to start his new life as a fireman in Kansas. The party was hosted by his fiancee's folks in their home up in Hillside. Holy shitsky what a place! It's like a Street of Dreams home. I have very mixed feelings about a place like that. On the one hand, it was spectacularly beautiful. On the other hand, there are people who don't eat. . . That's actually what I think about when I have my peanut butter toast for breakfast and a sandwich for dinner for the 4th or 5th day running. I really am making significant adjustments on my current wage. But I think it's good for me. It makes me so appreciate what I do have.

Today, after enjoying the Seahawks game with Jeff, I went over to the duplex. Mark and Renee were putting the final touches on the remodel and doing clean up work. I worked my magic on a bathroom that was very much in need. It took three hours but when I was done, that baby sparkled. Ooh and the best part: the new shower head has the best water pressure. Ever. I loves me my water pressure. Very exciting.

This week will be very busy. I'm working every day and attempting to move in my off time. But our AHfWWG is waiting for us. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment